Friday, August 06, 2010

Exercise 1.1

I took another pass at fixing this image. This time I did the following in GIMP:
 (1) Fixed white balance using curves
 (2) Used the value curve and pulled the right point to the left a bit
 (3) Increased color saturation
 (4) Adjusted levels to better match the histogram
 (5) Used the Warp sharpening plug-in script (default values)

Here's the result. I think it's much better (and better than the Olympus JPEG!), but I've definitely lost contrast on between the dark fur and the shadows of the table. Gotta figure out how to bring that back.

Pretty good!

No comments: